Description of Position: Self-starting proactive person who is able to quickly diagnose and repair bowling machines. The bowling mechanic ensures lanes, pinsetters, pins, bowling balls, ball returns, scoring equipment, and all other related mechanical systems are operating at the highest level of efficiency. The bowling mechanic’s job leads to the overall safety and satisfaction of our guests.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment.
- Maintain a safe and functional bowling experience.
- Repair and maintain mechanic equipment to ensure operational excellence.
- Keep detailed records of parts and mechanical performance.
- Clean, repair, and adjust automatic scorers.
- Prepares orders for parts and supplies for managers’ approval.
- Assist in preparing annual forecasting of major improvements and repair programs.
- Ensure that workshop and machine areas are clean and free of clutter at all times.
- Respond to maintenance needs are necessary as directed by the management team.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day, night, and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to listen attentively and rapidly process information.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure while multitasking.
- Basic math and measurement skills.
- The ability to interpret common technical manuals and schematics, read, write, and communicate.
- Must be able to communicate accurately and professionally with managers, teammates, and guests.
- Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend, kneel, sit, crouch, or crawl frequently.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable working in loud environments.
- Must be comfortable with, and adhere to, all safety precautions when exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Town & Country Lanes proudly offers a competitive hourly wage and a employee discount on food. Full-time employees are also eligible for paid vacation, paid holidays and a 401K plan, an optional health care plan is also available.